Literally, massage refers to manipulation of soft tissues with the help of hands, fingers, elbows, knees, forearms, feet or any device to release stress and pain. There are many types of spa techniques intended to provide relief. However, it is necessary for you to know answers to a few questions from your therapist.
- What kind of massage you are going to get?
There are different kinds of massage like relaxation massage, sports massage, ayurvedic massage, acupressure, etc. Ask your therapist which massage you will get and sure you inform them if it’s your first time.
- How long they have been in this field?
Massage therapist with a minimum experience of 5 years is considered for a good massage. However, beginners can also do well.
- What if the pressure isn’t enough for you or you feel ticklish?
Professionals will not get affected with your words, hence ask them politely to increase the pressure.
- How much pressure you should or you can take?
Too much pressure in a massage can be counterproductive. Visit us at https://www.stromspa.com/vieux-quebec/boutique/ to know and share more about your massage. Strom spa provides you with a great spa and massage experience.
- What do they specialize in?
There are several kinds of massage therapies including hot stone, Swedish, sports and deep tissue massage. Ask upfront to know whether you are getting the best therapist for the massage you have opted for.
- Is there any chance of headache after the massage? What if you get one?
Headaches are common during a massage since it affects your vascular circulation or pressurizes your sinus cavity.
- Do they know about your health condition?
You will be asked about your special attention area prior to the massage and you must let your therapist know that.
- Is bruising normal during a massage?
Usually no, but sometimes it can happen.
- Can we wear undergarments during the massage session?
Undergarment has nothing to do with your massage if your therapist is well experienced.
- What if you fart during the massage session?
It’s called release in the therapy but you should excuse yourself.
- What if you fall asleep on the massage table?
Well, this is simply a compliment to your therapist and your confidence in them.
- What if you or your therapist talks too much during the session?
Then your session will not yield 100% result.
- Can massage worsen your situation instead of enhancing it?
Yeah if you have an acute injury, an open wound or simple fever, it would be better to stay away from massage.